Meat Cupcakes {Meatloaf Muffins}

This was the ploy to my children.  That it was indeed a cupcake, just of the meat variety.  One tried it, the other not so much.  So this weeks Resolution in Motion is a half success.
I'm really trying to get my kids to eat a variety of foods.  I'm tired of them wanting the old stand by of chicken nuggets and chicken nuggets.  So why not put something in a muffin pan?  I'm convinced that when you put something in a muffin pan or cup cake liner, your kids will agree to try it.  It has to be something about cupcakes and miniatures.  Kids go crazy for both.
I found this meatloaf recipe on Pinterest, and with 4 ingredients I just knew it was a match made in kitchen novice heaven.  I'm not good with bread crumbs (I forget to buy them), or the torn day old bread (what does that even mean).  So when I saw that this was a box of stuffing I was sold on the idea.  Just four ingredients, a muffin tin, and 35 minutes to perfection.
Pinned Image
The original recipe says nothing of a muffin tin.  That was my idea.  I also used turkey as the entire house is on a mission to eat better.  Baby steps right.  Caitlin didn't want to try them at first because I added a sauce to the top.  The sauce I used is from The Gluten-free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy.  It's 1/4 cup ketchup; 2 tsp. brown sugar; 1/2 tsp mustard: mix and pour over the top.  John and I love the glaze.  Caitlin not so much.  No big.  I promised next time I'll leave the sauce on the side.  Also this recipe is NOT GF, just the glaze.  If you are looking for a GF meatloaf, leave me your email in the comments and I'll happily share.
Not a bad dinner when served with Mac and Cheese, steamed broccoli, and slice apples.
Recipes for Resolution in motion are now going to be a Sunday thing.
That way I can link up with my gal Kristine.
Check out her Sunday Funday linkup and link up!


  1. Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole's Chatter is all about meatloaf. I do hope you link this nice one in. This is the link . Please do pop back to check out some of the other links. Have a great week.

  2. Megan, thank you for linking this in to Food on Friday.

    Ps I have just signed up to follow your blog. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or have you already followed? Cheers