Challenge Accepted {Resolutions in Motion}

 
Resolutions.
They really are for the birds right?
I mean, aren't they made to be broken?
Well these bloggers:
Megan @ Shaping Up To Be A Mom
Brooke @ Covered In Grace
Tif @ Ramblings of a Southern Belle
Rosie @ Craftbotic
 are putting some of your favorite bloggers to the test.
I'm one of them.
 
 
Resolutions in Motion round Two started yesterday.
I'm joining in with a half resolution, half challenge situation.
 
I'm going to try and cook one new recipe a week for 6 weeks.
 
Something totally new for me or my family to try.
The recipe will either be new for me (grain free or paleo),
or for them (whatever).
My goal is to sneak in a grain free option we all like.
I have a feeling it's going to most likely turn into a chicken nugget night
for my girls.
 
No matter, I'm going to do this.
And of course I'm going to share it all with you here.
 
Now these bloggers were smart.
Not only did they ask you to do something challenging,
but they made sure to ask you how you were going to do it.
For example, so I don't get overwhelmed I plan on the following:
New recipes will be made on Sundays (no school/no work).
Food items, for said recipe of the week,
will be bought prior to cooking (so I don't overspend on spices
and items I don't normally purchase).
No recipe will require gourmet skills or appliances (ain't nobody got time for that).
 
I'm only challenging myself to one new recipe a week for a reason.
I knew it was the only way to be successful without going overboard.
I know myself pretty well, and if I would have challenged myself to cook everyday,
or try to serve veggies everyday to the kids, or not eat fast food for six weeks,
I would have failed after the first week.
I'm challenging myself to just one day in the kitchen.
Not everyday, slaving away, chopping, and mincing.
Just one day.
 
So are you ready to follow along with me and my mishaps, ney,
adventures in the kitchen.
Let me say that I'm not a food blogger.
My DIY posts leave something to be desired.
This is just regular me in my regular kitchen.
So some of these adventures may or may not come out.
Feel free to laugh with me along the way.
 
This is my first post to link up with my friends on the Resolutions in Motion team.
My next post to link up will be in six weeks for the finale.
But don't worry, I'm thinking I'll at least post results each week.
Especially the disasters.
 
Stay tuned: this week Roast Chicken and Veggies
I've never roasted anything.
Burned?  Yes.
Roasted, no.
 
 
From what I understand there is still space to join in the fun!
You could also sponsor the event since there will be prizes.
Check out all the info here