Looking Forward {Coffee Date}

 
I've been slacking in the blogging department as of late.
I've been soaking up too much family time and Christmas.
It's been amazing to the heart and soul.
But I couldn't end 2012 without linking up with Alissa.
So grab a seat and something to drink, and lets have an end of year chat.
 
I'd tell you that I was so sad to stare Christmas in the eyes.  I didn't want the season to end.  I was afraid I hadn't done enough, crafted enough, baked enough, sang carols loud enough.  Yet on Christmas Day night, I was so content.  The hubbs drove our little family down Fresno's famous Christmas Tree Lane.  It was beautiful, it was rainy, and the kiddos were cranky, yet all I could think of was that this was such a perfect Christmas.  It had everything and everyone I wanted.  Cousins came from Salinas, my in laws came to my house on Christmas morning.  My brother in law and sister in law spoiled me and my family so rotten.  I'm so grateful for them.  They make our Christmas' shine, especially when we are having a hard time making ends meet.
 
I'd tell you that I was so surprised to wake up the day after Christmas with a lightness in my heart.  I wasn't sad that Christmas was over, in fact I was ready to tackle the new year.  So much in fact that I looked at the Toms I had gotten for Christmas and decided that they were too "December", meaning they weren't the right pair to start off the New Year.  I exchanged them for a gray corduroy pair with neon purple soles.  Which to me, oddly enough, scream new beginnings.
 
Sadly my girls woke up sick on Thursday, so yesterday and today have been kind of a wash.  Per the doctor they just have a cold and a virus that has to run it's course.  But they are pretty miserable.
 
I would tell you that the best Christmas present has been the Hubbs time off from work.  He's been off since last Friday.  While he does have to work a half day on New Year's Eve, it's been amazing having him home.  We've spent a lot of time together as a family, and in contrast to years past, we have been getting along.  The hubbs and I that is.  It's not that we fight always, but we have our moments.  It's been a great vaycay for both of us.  I'm decidedly smitten.
 
Finally, since I'm sure this coffee date hasn't been exactly what you expected.  With me totally manipulating the entire date and conversation I would end by telling you what I did today.  While I was at the home PC for a minute, I thought it would be a good time to purge all the "spam" comments my blog receives on a daily basis.  I hate the idea of word verification, so I just let the comment come and then delete them all.  Well in haste, as I was supposed to be at the PC to download a recipe, I deleted an entire weeks worth of comments.
 
Yes, and entire week.  Let me start by saying comments mean the world to me.  They not only make my day, but I love feedback.  L. O. V. E. it.  I'm a writer, I need to know people are reading my blog.  It's sick and twisted, and narcissistic.  Love me anyway.  But apart from that something funny happened.  I just left it.  Oh sure I tweeted it, and I Instagrammed it, but more as like an apology to you all if you left a comment.  I didn't cry.  I didn't stomp my feet.  I didn't feel like the world had ended.  Which is a huge step from where I was a year ago.  A year ago, I held every comment like a newborn baby.  A year ago, this blog had just about 100 followers.  What a difference a year makes right?  It must, because while I'm truly sorry to all those who take the time and leave wonderful comments, it didn't end me.  It didn't rock my blogging world like it would have a year ago.
 
And that is what is making all the difference as I look ahead to 2013.
 
There is something to be said about ending the year content
and beginning the new one hopeful,
don't you think?
 
 
 
Won't you join us for coffee?