Quotes of the Week {Three Things Thursday vol 3}


New year. New me. New you. New goals. One major goal this year is to engage this wonderful blogging community better. What better way than to begin a new link up with some blog friends! Together, the three of us came up with Three Things Thursday. Just three things to talk or write about. Five seemed like too many and "one thing" was like we weren't even trying! So any three things that are on your mind. Any three pictures from Instagram. Three complaints about your day/week. Three of your favorite treats. Seriously. Any three things! So write it. Publish it. Yell it from the mountain tops! 
Just be sure you come back and link it up here!

For some extra fun follow us on Instagram for some three things posts! 
Use the #threethingsthursday, and let's start talking!



Ask anyone and they will tell you that I spend an unreasonable amount of time on my phone. Sometimes when my kids are around, most times when I should be asleep. I've missed bedtime by thirty minutes or more because I got wrapped up in Star Wars memes.

True story.

Scrolling through Instagram and Pinterest this week has blessed me with a few inspirational quotes for 2016. Add in a little gem from my Time Hop and one of my favorite shows and I knew I just had to share these for #threethingsthursday. Each have a special place in my heart, and I hope they make you giggle like they made me giggle!

1. Bitch you are a FAN...
source
I get that not everyone is going to like me. That's cool. I'm a big girl now and no longer in high school so these kinds of things no longer bother me. Recently I had to block someone because I didn't want to clog my feeds with passive aggressive bullshit. So silently, on my own, I just hit block and defriend. That's what adults do. Long story short, a steady stream of passive aggression played out on the Interwebs and it was brought to my attention. That's when I took a deep breath, put on my big girl pants and said, "That's why I blocked that shit". Then a friend sent me this and I just about died. Look, if you don't like me, then act like it. Stop watching over my shoulder. Otherwise, can I interest you in an autograph? 

2. We need a reality show.

source
Have you ever laughed so hard at a text message from your best friend that the people around you in Target wonder if they should call security? I have. Multiple times. One time, I sent a stream of texts to my best friend and she text me back that she may or may not have peed a little. Once in conversation we both laughed so hard and for so long that there was radio silence for at least three minutes. Let me tell you about my best friend. She is hilarious. She is so damn funny that she will make my biggest nightmare, failure, hardship, ET AL, into the funniest fucking thing I have ever heard. The road also goes both ways. We have, in recent months considered doing a pod cast. 

"Would anyone listen", I asked.

"Does it matter?", she replied.

In my mind we are on a reality show, every day. Especially when she is in Montana shoveling her driveway because snow is beautiful, but as she says, ice is bullshit. More so on the days that we text about our favorite television shows and make up alternate universes for them (because George O'Mally is still alive and doing great work at some Air Force Base in the Middle East damn it). It is rare that I call her and I don't hang up giggling to myself. 

Bravo here we come.

3. Just say NO.


source
This showed up in my Time Hop a couple of days ago. I love Girls on HBO. So many people in my life can't get behind it, but I love it. I think it's because Hannah is a writer and completely off kilter in her twenties. Plus it's set in New York and to live in New York was  a dream I had one time. When Hannah uttered this quote, it was over something lame, like going on a hike. In reality though, isn't this a great life lesson? It really is liberating to say no to shit you hate. Why agree to something that isn't going to make you happy? Probably because it's the "new year", and most likely because I'm trying to cut the shit out of my life, this quote, in my time hop was a really good reminder of what can liberate you from unhappiness. Do I want to go running today? No. Do I want to fold all that laundry in the dryer right now? No. Should I? Sure, but right now I'm being a liberated woman... Or something like that.

I hope these quotes inspired you and made you want to be on your own reality show with your best friend. Just say no, friends. But please say yes to this link up. Have three things you want to share? Write it up and link it below. Don't have time for that business? Then share three things on Instagram and tag me so I can check you out!