About Me...


Today, Neely at A Complete Waste of Make Up is hosting an awesome link up.  It's Get Your Blog out there Day.  Of course I saw this and was super excited, then I got major writers block!!  What's a girl to do?  Beg, borrow and steal!  This post was taken/adapted from my "About Me" page.  Many of you have read it, if you are visiting via Neely then you haven't.  Either way this was the best way to tell you about the ME behind AbsoluteMommy. 

My real name is Megan, but mostly I'm known as Mom. 

I'm a stay at home mom who loves her kids, but also loves her DVR, Starbucks, and her iPhone in almost a co-dependent way.  These however are my last vices, no more alcohol, no more cigarettes, no more bread (I'm gluten free).  So really I'm not so upset at my co-dependency...

I have decided that I was not built for motherhood.  However motherhood has built me, and it's a work in progress.


So after much inner debate, I started this blog to help me deal with all the frustrations and joys of motherhood.  Then while blogging I remembered that I love to write.  So this blog is now my place to write and be me.  It's also a huge sense of accomplishment for me.  So it's a little of this and a little of that.  Some motherhood and marriage posts mixed with so crafting and cooking posts.  Don't be surprised if a serious motherhood post is followed by a humorous crafting debacle.  It's all in good fun.

Here are some of my favorite posts:
Big Girls Don't Cry
Mother of The Year
Lost and Found
In sickness and In Health
You Look like one of those bloggers
Birth Day

I'm on the downward slope to 35, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.

I love my husband because he is hilarious, and you can't stay mad at someone who makes you laugh.  His expertise is the conversational joke.

I have two beautiful daughters.  Caitlin and Mackenzie.  One day they are going to sue for damages and defamation of character as a result of reading this blog.  I'm ok with that.  Or they will write their own blog/book, and I'm not sure I'll be ok with that.

I'm always going to be honest.  Sometimes I'll be harsh.  I'll try my best not to offend.  But I can't promise anything.

So let me know if you are visiting via A Complete Waste of Makeup today.  Is there anything I missed?  Have a question?  Let me know in the comments!

And if you are new to AbsoluteMommy, welcome!  So nice to meet you!

Happy Blogging,
Megan
Get your own bloggy out there
and Link up!