It's the week before Christmas...


And yesterday I was tired and grumpy.
No sewing or crafting is happening around here.

I had a meltdown about what there was still left to do.
I cried because if I don't get busy on some projects,
I WILL HAVE TO SHOP.
I cried because I can't bring myslef to shop right now.

Then I talked to my mom...
And she said, let it go.
Enjoy this time.  It's gonna pass so quick.

So, yesterday I forgot about the laundry and the mess.
I laid on a blanket with Caitlin while Mac napped.
I napped too.
We watched some primo Disney Channel.
I took the kids to McDonald's for dinner.
I came home and started 3 different projects.
And if I finish them great, and if not, I'm handing out IOUs.

Because we've got a busy week.

And I don't want to spend it yelling and being the mom from hell.

I want to bake cookies with the kids, carefree.
I want to stop and look at the lights.
I want to enjoy these little hands and faces.

I will enjoy this Christmas...

Just after I tackle this to do list...

Happy Blogging,
Megan

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post, super blogger/super mom!

    ~Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Thanks Kristina but I just updated/edited. It's not the 100th post, but it is the 100th written, so that milestone will be hit soon.. Ah the holidays get me crazy every time!
    Thanks for reading!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! The holidays are hectic for me too. I've been taking Mommy Time-Outs for my sanity so that I don't turn into the Grinch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate! Good for you momma! You deserve to just sit back and enjoy and so do your sprouts!! Hugs sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan, I've come across quite a few moms this year that feel they have not got the energy to shop this year and as I get older I don't want to face the crowds. Since I've started online shopping I get excited like a kid on Christmas day when my parcels get delivered to my door. Online I've bought earrings from Macy's, Tracphone phones, a lounge suite from Callifornia, and each time the quality of the product has been good and delivery has been fast.
    I think mom's should not kill themselves over Christmas time because they think everyone has high expectations of the food and presents they're expecting. Your family would rather you spend quality time with them over the holidays than have a huge affair that tires you out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I have finally let a lot go, but welcomed some good old quality time with the kiddos! Ahh... Is it Christmas yet??

    ReplyDelete