GD it's GFree! CranberryWhiteChocoChipCookies!



When I think of Thanksgiving I think about turkeys that you draw using your hand, pilgrims in funny hats and cranberries.  For some reason cranberries remind me more of Thanksgiving than Christmas, so I was really set and focused to find something cranberry to enjoy for Thanksgiving this year.

Not all gluten free cookie mixes produce good edible gluten free cookies.  If you bake gluten free, then you probably already know this.  I'm always looking for new mixes, since baking is not something I always have the time to do, especially if it's from scratch.  The easier the recipe the faster I can enjoy gluten free goodness.

Imagine my surprise at the Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Cookie Mix.  Yes, out of a box, and no they are not paying me to blog this.  They have no idea I exist, and I have my mother in law to thank for introducing me to them.  My mother in law comes to visit us and the kids every Sunday like clock work, and she always brings goodies.  Stickers for the girls and gluten free baking mixes for me.  I'm being honest when I tell you that I have like 7 of these cookie mixes in my pantry.  That being said, I have challenged myself to come up with interesting new cookies that are gluten free and very easy to make.  Gluten Free and Easy?  It's like a dream!

Now here is the incredibly easy part... All you need is this...

And one egg... Not pictured.  Also the vanilla is actually standing on Crisco... Yes, Crisco!  It's gluten free!  So, it's not the best thing for you, but in moderation, right?  All you have to do is follow the directions on the back, and add 1/2 cup white chocolate chip cookies and 3/4 cup Craisins.  That's it.  Even better you could add whatever you want, in any combination.  Endless goodness!

I really enjoyed these cookies.  They were everything I wanted to have just in time for Turkey Day.  Now that I'm inspired I found a great cranberry orange muffin recipe, that uses leftover cranberry sauce, AND am going to try gluten free cranberry scones.  Wish me luck... Adventures in gluten free baking are fun and unpredictable.  I'll keep you posted.

Happy Blogging,
Megan

To learn more about Hodgson Mill's Gluten Free Baking Mixes, CLICK HERE.